About Our Church
Madoc Pentecostal Church is apart of The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, (Eastern Ontario & Nunavut District). The PAOC is a fellowship of over 1,100 across Canada.
To learn more about the PAOC, it's mission and core values, please visit their website.
Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets. And the cornerstone is Jesus Christ himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.
The History of Madoc Pentecostal Church
In the year 1953 Pastor Robert Johnson had graduated from E.P.B.C. And went to Madoc, Ontario in order to spread the gospel of God. Pastor Johnson had no building, funds or even a congregation to begin with. He rented the Orange Hall for $15 a month, and began to hold services on Sunday. A few individuals attended -- in order to laugh at his efforts, no one came to listen to the service.
After a period of six months, Pastor Johnson took to the streets holding meetings across from the local hotel and the bar. Then people began to listen and give their souls to the Lord. One of the new believers, Mr. Wilson opened his home and a mid-week service was held. Others gave their hearts to the Lord during a camp held by Evangelist Gerold Morgan and Pastor Robert Johnston. This was the origins of the church.
Six years later, in November of 1958, the building of the church was constructed. The building itself was dedicated by Pastor Morgan, Rev. W. B. Greenwood (the District Superintendent) and Pastor John Bunner on November 27. In 1959, Madoc Pentecostal Church was officially affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.